Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Camcorder!

On a lighter note... my husband won not one, but two, Xbox systems from work over the past week. Since we already have one he took them back to Best Buy where they are from. We could have REALLY used the $650 in cash, however store credit was the only option... so... we decided to get a camcorder since we are having a baby!

He asked the guy at Best Buy which was he'd recommend since he had all that store credit and he recommended a Panasonic one and he came home with it. It's pretty cool! He's still researching ones though and may take it back for a different one that is more expensive (b/c it only took about half the gift card) but either way, we'll have a camcorder to record all the wonderful little baby moments! He even asked if I wanted him to film the birth which is something I thought I'd never want. However, we could always do it (or at least film parts) and then if it's really awful to watch just never watch it or do anything with it. But then we'd have it if I wanted and I think that might be a decent idea. We'll see though. Anyway, he's really excited to be able to take videos of Lucas!

5 comments:

  1. My husband's XBOX broke last week (he is devestated) he got the rign of death, whatever that means. I would tell him of your husbands good fortune but he would be incredibly jealous! We have a camcorder with a hard drive, we down load all the video onto the computer & he burns it onto a DVD. That way there are no disks involved, no running out of space & we can easily burn copies for other people (such as grandparents!) Congrats & good luck with your decision!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww sorry Sar, that stinks! My husband would be devastated as well. I think that his how ours works, but I don't know much about it (nor do I care at this point, that's Matt's toy for now haha) but I am excited to be able to film things...only my parents live close by and the rest of our families are spread out far away so that will be really nice!

    What kind of camcorder do you guys have?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd say film the birth! Like you said, if you end up not wanting to see it again you can always hide/delete/destroy the tape. But if you end up wishing you'd done it, there's nothing you can do. Plus, there's always ways to tastefully edit things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. bitchn - I agree and think I am leaning that way if all works out (either having my husband our doula help out if they are not needed in other areas at the time).

    ReplyDelete