Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, January 2, 2009

Awwww

My husband's grandma is just so cool. She asked me last week (when we talked on Christmas, they live out of town) why I was doing acupuncture. At this point in time only our parents and a few other people really knew much about our infertility, but I didn't mind at all. It was odd to have that conversation with a grandma, but I pretty much told her what was going on and she said she would be thinking of us and praying for us. They're pretty religious and we're not, but hey, prayers are prayers and I can never turn those down!

So we told my husband's parents Wednesday that we were expecting a baby and I planned to call this Grandma today and see if she'd talked to his mom or not yet and tell her that we found out I was pregnant the morning after I told her about all this!

But today in the mail I received this. Now, like I said, I am normally not about religious things, but I was so incredibly touched by her thoughtfulness and caring about me. I've never heard of these at all, but this one is called "a tree, a prayer".

May you find strength,
beauty and peace each day
"This is the first Willow Tree piece featuring carved elements on the figure’s dress. The bas-relief tree is a metaphor for the qualities of strength, beauty and peace, and finding them within ourselves each day. The prayer is one of hope and healing; about living in the moment. The title is as much a prayer as the sentiment. The tree can be a symbol of anything that is centering and inspirational. Trees are grounding — a connection to that which sustains us. It could also reference the Tree of Life; a universal symbol in many different religions."


It means just as much to me now as it would have if I were not pregnant right now and struggling. In this first trimester things are still very scary and uncertain and having this, in some strange way, actually comforts me. I also am not sure if she realized this, but the Tree of Life is a big thing in the Jewish religion (in which I was raised...) and so that is even cooler.

So I called to tell her the good news and thank her, but she was not home and I talked to Matt's grandpa who seemed a bit confused, but told me that his grandma had been talking about me all week and really concerned. She's so sweet!


1 comment:

  1. Grandmothers are amazing gifts. How amazing!
    God Bless.

    ReplyDelete