I will admit, I cannot believe how indecisive I have been about this nursery! I'm normally not like that. I find something I like and stick with it, but this pregnancy has been nothing but seconding guessing myself. I think a lot of it stems from wondering if this could be the ONLY pregnancy, ONLY baby, ONLY nursery, etc, but who really knows.
I've gone back to our original nursery plan. The more I tried to play w/ the navy and white idea, the further I got away from the vision in my head since I wasn't planning to do everything like that. Then when we added in the pink if baby is a girl, it just got to be like NEITHER of the two choices I was so torn between and that seemed silly. I do love navy and pink together, but I never wanted a pink nursery so I am afraid I'll start to dislike it...
I was also missing a lot of the aspects to the nature-like nursery I had picked out. But I realized what was driving me nuts about that and finding the right decor for it; the black furniture. While it does look great in the inspiration pictures I've shown, it was stressing me out to try to find everything else that didn't include any brown.
Luckily, I was feeling iffy about the nursery furniture for both of the nursery ideas I originally liked and browsed a little online and found this new stuff (in design board below) at JCPenny.com. It's "coffee" colored (espresso to most furniture shoppers) and I think it will go great. Not only that, it really reminds me a lot of the Pottery Barn look I love for MUCH less! I LOVE it! The crib is shown in white, but it will be coffee, too.
By doing brown furniture now I can freely incorporate all shades of brown which makes bedding much easier (we might end up doing the Gap Organic bed skirt (it would have just a touch of pink or blue) and then the 'matching' sheets as shown. (brown and creams) And I don't have to worry about the paint being too brown or whatnot.
So this is IT. No more looking. Just ordering :)



No comments:
Post a Comment