It happened last night. I wondered when it was coming. I think, all things considering, I've held it together really well and have been quite calm so far during this pregnancy. But last night was bad. Very bad.
My husband and I were watching a movie in the living room while our sheets were drying. (yay for clean sheets finally!) He made up the bed while I brushed my teeth and took my meds/vitamins. I take my progesterone supplements right as I get into bed b/c they totally knock me out. So am getting into bed and go to pick up the bottle.
OH SHIT. I was supposed to refill the prescription early in the day. I TOTALLY forgot. I definitely have pregnancy brain fog. I burst into tears and was sobbing, uncontrollably and could hardly breath. Great for the baby, huh? I was convinced something bad was going to happen b/c I didn't take my progesterone last night and my levels would plummet and things would be 'broken'. I had no choice but to go to sleep and by now I was exhausted.
This morning when I got up I did some research and learned that oral progesterone supplements are the least effective (so who knows how much they've been helping anyway) and that the placenta starts making progesterone around week 8. I will be exactly 11 weeks tomorrow. I felt MUCH better, but still couldn't wait to get my hands on those little yellow pills.
I had some errands I had to run and appointments so I couldn't get them until this afternoon and planned to take one right away even if it did mean I'd forfeit the rest of my Saturday due to sleep. But at acupuncture this morning, Steve told me I was totally fine without one pill and then when I picked them up, my favorite pharmacist at Target told me I was fine too. She is 8 months pregnant and assured me the first time I got the script filled that it was very normal and I was fine even though my levels dropped a little and I had to take these. She's very reassuring and comforting and assured me that skipping the one last night was not a big deal at all, esp for how far along I am and I could even wait until tonight to take it.
So not worth the freak out and I don't even have to sleep my Saturday away!
_________________________________
On a more fun note...
I did some research on the furniture I want to get and I am extremely happy with what I found out. I was scared to dig deeper for fear that the furniture I loved that is actually super affordable would be some dangerous wood and paint or something. But here's what I found:
What kind of wood are your cribs made out of?
Most of our cribs are made of Pine wood from sustainable forests in New Zealand. The New Zealand Radiata Pine, used in our furniture, is eco-friendly. We also use Rubber wood from Malaysia and Sepetir wood from harvested forests in other Asian countries. We NO longer use protected wood species like Ramin wood from Indonesia in any of our furniture.
as well as this regarding the paint/stain:
My baby is chewing on the crib. Why isn't there a teething rail?
Crib designs are always changing, and it is not a JPMA standard to include teething rails on the newly designed convertible cribs. The traditional drop-side has evolved into static sides with wonderful curves and designs. Teething rails are designed for traditional drop-sides that are rectangular in shape. Although we do not recommend chewing on our products, the paint used is non-toxic and will not harm your child.
Score!!!
Our (not so) new house!
12 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment